Over Easter we were incredibly lucky to have spent the weekend in California’s Disneyland with my parents! What a treat it was for all of us – literally in every sense. Though it’s fun to eat out and enjoy things like decadent pastries for breakfast, we all came home feeling like we needed more greens and veggies. This week I am challenging myself to eat more greens (to make up for my lack of consuming them in Disneyland!) and it seemed fitting to start the day right. Sometimes it seems weird to have your coffee alongside veggies but this morning I actually quite enjoyed my sautéed kale with a runny egg on top, instead of a piece of toast and fried egg. Super filling, easy, nutritious, and very yummy. Feel like your morning is too rushed to prep a breakfast like this? Plan ahead and make sure you wash and tear up your kale the night before so it’s ready to go in the morning!
what you need:
- 2 large handfuls of washed and roughly torn kale
- 1 large egg
- salt & pepper
- cooking oil (I use grapeseed oil)
what to do:
- In a nonstick pan, add 1 tsp oil on medium heat.
- Add kale and season lightly with salt and pepper – cover with a lid for 1 minute – just so it steams and softens.
- Remove lid and toss/stir, to cook all edges of the kale.
- Load up your kale onto a plate – then fry up an egg any style you like (my favourite is over easy…love the creamy yolk) – ENJOY!