This is becoming my favourite breakfast! Super quick and easy, packed with nutrients and hearty enough to get you through your morning but not so heavy it makes you tired. It’s also a fun one for your kids because they get to scoop and dip their crispy egg quesadilla into creamy avocado goodness. Yum!
prep: 5 min cook: 3 min yield: 2
what you need:
- 2 egg
- 2 small whole wheat or corn tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 1 small tomato
- 1 tbsp chopped up green onion
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper
- butter for cooking
what to do:
- Cut avocado, remove pit, and scoop out flesh and roughly mash in a bowl. Wash and dice up tomato, add it to avocado and mix gently. Add green onions, lemon juice and a small dash of salt and pepper and mix. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pan on medium heat, melt about 1/2 tsp butter. Crack an egg into it, and roughly break yolk with spatula to quicken the cooking process. Sprinkle a tiny bit of salt and pepper on the egg.
- Place 1 tortilla flat on top of the egg. Once you can get under the egg with the spatula easily (or, it wiggles in the pan if you hold the handle and shake it a bit) – go ahead and flip it over. The egg should be now on top of your tortilla. Cook for another minute or so, to crisp up the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla over three times and flatten with spatula to keep it’s shape. Transfer to plate, and serve with a big scoop of avocado on the side. Repeat sets 1 – 4 for another serving. Enjoy!