I have been making these for years, ever since my friend Allie from physio school introduced me to them. They were a staple then and continue to be a staple in our house now. Only 3 key ingredients (eggs, cottage cheese, flour) and you’re good to go! My kids love them! They have a soft texture yet at the same time are sturdy enough that if you make extra, you can keep them in the fridge or freezer and pop them into the toaster for an even quicker breakfast or snack! They sound funny (the first time I heard cottage cheese pancakes I was skeptical) but honestly they are so easy to make, taste fantastic and packed with protein, a great start to your day and will keep you full all morning. These pancakes are a great alternative to regular buttermilk pancakes (and just as easy as using boxed pancake mix).
prep: 2 min cook: 10 min yield: 8 pancakes
what you need:
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed *optional
- butter for cooking
what to do:
- Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix using a large fork. Make sure there are no flour lumps.
- In a non stick pan on medium heat, add a little bit of butter, just enough to coat the pan lightly. Fry up pancakes 2-3 at a time, just until golden brown. To keep them light and fluffy avoid pushing down on them with the spatula.
- Serve immediately, top with maple syrup and fruit if desired. Enjoy!
4 thoughts on “cottage cheese pancakes”
I’m a great fan of the Cheesy yummzz!
Everyone in our family loves this simple breakfast recipe, thanks so much for sharing!
Pingback: classic blueberry pancakes with a touch of vanilla & cinnamon | fit for food mom
Ben was a big fan of your pancakes this am!